FULL LIST: KIU announces guidelines for virtual graduation ceremony
Kampala International University (KIU) has revealed that this year’s graduation ceremony will be conducted virtually following the closure of educational institutions, a move aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
The 22nd Graduation ceremony slated for August 22, will be conducted as
- The entire graduation ceremony will be conducted via Zoom, the University Facebook page, and website, and on YouTube, upon commencement of the convocation by the Chancellor.
- The event will also be streamed on selected TV and radio stations and therefore, no graduands and family members are expected at Campus.
- Details of the appropriate connection links will be made available on the University website (www.kiu.ac.ug) 7 days before the graduation date.
- The Chancellor will declare the commencement of the 22nd KIU Graduation Ceremony online, at the stipulated date and time.
- All speeches (Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Chairperson University Council, Chairman Board of Trustees, Guest of Honour and the Chief Guest) will be delivered online
- Graduands’ names will be presented online by the respective Deans and Principals. A soft copy of the graduation booklet will be made available on the University Website.
- Graduands whose awards require oath-taking will be provided with the oath that is to be taken online. Each oath-taking graduand will be required to submit a signed copy of the oath before the date of graduation.
Graduands in this category, are urgently required to contact their respective Deans for further details on the modalities that must be fulfilled before 15th August 2020.
- All academic awards (certificate, diploma, degree, Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and PhDs) will be conferred by the Chancellor online
- The dissolution of the convocation and graduation ceremony by the Chancellor will be conducted online.
- The collection of academic documents will be scheduled by the Directorate of Academic Affairs in such a manner that it complies with the standard operating procedures of the University and the Ministry of Health to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Graduands can schedule when they wish to collect their academic
documents by applying online: https://transcript.kiu.ac.ug